A great part of these resolutions have to do with finding out who I really am and if I'm capable of discovering my true self without changing any part of myself. I want to be able to endulge in the joys of life without giving anything up. I want to delve into cultures that I have yet to explore. And I want to find happiness in the grueling tasks of day-to-day life. This all sounds so great and so easy, but I know it is going to be a great challenge. One that I cannot wait to accept.
I find that unless I make an outline of my goals, it is difficult to keep myself to them. So, the (very rough) outline of my path to happiness and self discovery is written below.
1. Step out of your comfort zone.
2. Enjoy the variety that each day brings.
3. Find something positive in each daily task.
4. Define who I am without allowing others to define me.
5. Delve into foreign cultures.
6. Learn something new every day.
7. Learn to accept challenges and to not run from them.
8. Try new things.
9. Declutter my life: of materialistic goods, harmful people, and unneccessary worry
10. Don't forget to tell yourself every day that you are good enough and that you don't need anyone to prove that to you,
*BONUS: Allow yourself to be HAPPY!*
This outline, I'm hoping, will bring me all that I hope it will and that it will allow me to be the best version of myself that I can be.
Until next post, my lovelies. Just remember, resolutions do not need to have a deadline. You can't rush the journey to finding yourself.