I've been nominated for a Leibster Award by the forever fabulous CHiBi CHiC <3 Thank you so much for the nomination!
- Post 11 facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers
- Link your nominees to the post.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees chosen know they have been tagged.
11 Facts About Me: The Sophisticated Shopper
- I am an eighteen-year-old junior in college, majoring in Wildlife Biology & Restoration Ecology/Pre-Veterinary Medicine (long title, I know, haha.)
- I have an obsession with collecting things such as sunglasses, iPhone cases, and my personal favorite, jewelry!
- I don't drink coffee, tea, or soda (strange, seeing as I am a constantly tired college student.)
- I have a secret to share with you all...I have never been in an actual relationship with a "boyfriend" worthy guy (it might be that I haven't really had time to find love :( )
- I have been awarded 4 state and 3 national science and engineering awards (yes, I am a closet nerd.)
- I ran into Jack Black 7 times while at Disneyland with my family, and thankfully one of the times, he allowed a picture to be taken with him :)
- I secretly wish that I could live a double life; one in my chosen career, and the other a posh, fashion filled life.
- I am extremely sarcastic (in person.)
- Two people that I dream of meeting are Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey <3
- I am a huge animal lover! I at one point had a dog, three rabbits, five goldfish, two African Dwarf frogs, and I leased a horse or two.
- I have a phobia of hospitals, shots, large birds, and balloons...(I've had several experiences that can explain these odd phobias haha)
CHiBi CHiC's Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?I have always loved fashion and beauty and had always wanted to share my passion with others, unfortunately, most of the people I am around in life don't exactly agree with my passion for fashion or think that it is "stupid" to blog. For me, it is a way of living a fashion filled life without giving up a career that I can make money in (not that I couldn't make money in the fashion industry, I just know that I would not be one of the best of the best that would make it in the industry,) and a way to de-stress and connect with others who share my passion.
2. What's your favorite book?It is so hard for me to choose one book, so I would definitely have to say my favorite book series is The Luxe Series by Anna Gobersten. I am a huge historical fiction person, so these books tied my love for history, romance, and fashion together and made me obsess over these novels! If you have not read these books, you really should!
3. Are you a crazy cat lover or more of a dog person?Personally, I don't really like cats. Part of my dislike for cats might be because I am extremely allergic to them. However, I absolutely lovee dogs! In my life time I've had an Old English Sheepdog, named Katie, that lived to be seven-years-old, and a Newfoundland dog, named Max, that lived to be a whopping twelve-and-a-half-years-old!
4. Who is your celebrity crush?Kellan Lutz! *drools* He is an absolutely beautiful man!!!
5. What is your favorite item of clothing you own and why?Hmm....at the moment I have a beautiful black, somewhat see through, lacy, chiffon, baby-doll top from Forever21. I just love how beautiful and flowy it is! It's one of those pieces that you can dress up or down for a day at school or a night out with the girls.
6. Have you ever had a beauty or fashion disaster?YES! It seems that I am always cursed with my sandals snapping where the band is attached to the top of the shoe, and it always tends to happen when I am in public :(
7. What did you want to be as a child in the sense of "When I grow up I want to be..." and did that ever happen?I wanted to be an Equestrian Veterinarian ever since I was four-years-old! Recently, in the last year, I changed my mind, and I instead want to be a Marine-Mammal Vet or a Zoo Vet. I am currently working towards my dream career and I will hopefully make it as a vet before I turn 25!
8. What item do you not currently own that you would love to have one day?A Michael Kors black and white Hamilton bag with silver hardware, and a matching wallet of course <3 (a girl can dream...sigh, the life of a poor college student :( )
9. Who is you favorite fictional character?Alright...no laughing at this...my favorite fictional character is Rosalie Lillian Hale from The Twilight Saga. The Rosalie s a strong, and somewhat sarcastic, independent woman that does not let anyone come close to harming her loved ones or her family...in a way, she and I are somewhat alike.
10. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?Well...as I probably gave away in my eleven facts about me, I would really like to meet both Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey. They both seem like amazingly talented, down-to-earth women that I would love to have a little chit chat with :)
11. What place would you like to visit where you have yet to visit?I would absolutley loveee to visit Paris, France! It has always been a dream of mine to breathe in the Parisian air and take in the amazing culture that can be experienced while in France. If I had to choose a place in the country I'm currently in, I would choose New York City, seeing as it is one of the most fashion-forward places in the US :)
Alrighty then! Let's get along to the questions I will be asking my nominees!
1. What one beauty-related item could you not live without?
2. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
3. Who is your fashion inspiration?
4. Which is better: shoes or handbags?
5. Who is your favorite YouTuber?
6. Why did you decide to write your blog?
7. Is there ever a time when you regretted a fashion or beauty trend that you tried? If so, what?
8. What are two things that are on your bucket list?
9. What is your ideal vacation?
10. Would you ever, if you could, change something in your life?
11. Have you ever met a famous person?
Rubi @ Style on Point
Lauren @ Lilly Lou Lifestyle Blog
Haley @ Belle Vie
Tilly @ Films and Fairytales
Vicky @ Twenty Something
Sara @ A Woman In the World
Bobby @ Gorgeously Flawed
Faith @ Paper Towns and Flower Crowns
Lauren @ She .Me. You.
Mel @ Mel Azaro
Stephanie @ Stephanie Manusiwa
Congrats ladies! I can't wait to read your responses! Please make sure to leave a link of your Liebster Award post below in the comments section so that I can check it out!
Until next time! x
-The Sophisticated Shopper
-The Sophisticated Shopper