"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." -Coco Chanel



Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ulta Haul!

Hello everyone! If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen a tweet regarding a future haul from my favorite beauty store. Well wait no more, because here comes the haul! Today's haul is from Ulta, the most dangerous beauty store everrrrr! Well... it's only dangerous to my wallet haha. Ulta was having an AMAZING sale last week that I just HAD to take advantage of! All of Ulta's house brand products were EXTREMELY discounted for one week only, so I splurged quite a bit on some of their products, They also had one of the great "$3.50 off of $10 or more purchases" coupon available throughout the week. So without further adue, here we go!

I kinda went crazy and bought a whole bunch of random items! Some of the items were things that I have wanted to try for a while, and others were just items that I splurged on.


The first items I went nuts with purchasing were Ulta's brand of eyeliners. I was so tempted to get one in every color, but then I realized that I wouldn't use a few of their colors because they were either too crazy to wear day-to-day or simply because I didn't like the color of the eyeliner. I bought 12 eyeliners total (three of them I did not show because they were basic black eyeliners that I use daily.  I bought extras of them so I can have a back up stash.) The Ulta brand eyeliners, both the gel and automatic kinds, are normally $8.00 per pencil. During this huge sale, the automatic eyeliners were discounted to just $1.00 each and the gel liner pencils to just $2.00 each!!! CRAZY GOOD DEAL! I would have spent over $96 on eyeliner pencils alone, instead I only spent $16 on the eyeliners! Only $16.00!!! And the deals didn't stop there!


Ulta Eyeliner Pencils from bottom to top:
Golden Eyes (automatic metallic eyeliner)-Gold
Lace (automatic eyeliner)-White
Silver Dust (gel eyeliner)-Silver
Charcoal (automatic eyeliner)-Dark Grey
Black Plum (automatic eyeliner)-Dark Plum
Peacock (gel eyeliner)-Emerald Green
Aqua (gel eyeliner)-Aqua/Teal
Starry Night (gel eyeliner)-Dark Navy Blue

The next three items were items that I had researched a lot prior to purchasing. I love to try out new makeup brands and new items, so I took advantage of the "$3.50 off of $10>" coupon and went out on a whim and purchased these products. The first one is Maybeline's Pure BB Cream in the tone Light (seen in the picture above.) I tried this out for the first time the other day, and I absolutely loved it! It covers the bare face with a light coloration that hides redness and dark spots nicely without leaving a greasy finish. This was actually my first time purchasing a BB cream, and I was very pleased with the overall idea of a BB cream. The other three items that I purchased that were on my wish list were NYX's Lip Primer in Nude and L'Oréal's Voluminous Miss Manga mascara in the color Blackest Black. I'm not too crazy with NYX's lip primer. It makes my lips look really bumpy and dry, and it tends to chap my already chapped lips. I also noticed that it affects the color of the lipstick that I put over it. It tends to lighten the color of the lipstick a bit too much. L'Oréal's Voluminous Miss Manga mascara actually surprised me. I had been hearing mixed messages on the effect of the mascara and the clumpiness of the formula, but I had absolutely no issues. I'm overall pretty satisfied with this mascara. My #1 favorite mascara is still probably Benefit's "They're Real!" mascara from Sephora.


Maybeline's Pure BB Cream (Light) $8.99
NYX Lip Primer (Nude) $6.99
Essence Lash and Eyebrow Gel $2.99 

I also took the liberty of purchasing Essence's lash and eyebrow gel mascara to help tame my crazy, curly eyebrows (they are so hard to tame!) I have yet to try this yet, but I will definitely post a review on it soon! The NYC cover stick below is not from Ulta, but I did purchase it from Target on the day I went on this crazy haul and I felt it should be included. I use this cover stick to cover up those large nasty blemishes that I get every so often and the somewhat dark spots that I have from previous blemishes.


NYC Cover Stick (Light) $1.61
L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara (Blackest Black) $7.99

Eyeshadows! Who ever has too many potted eye shadows? Not me! haha I purchased three eye shadows from Essence cosmetics and I absolutely love how shiny and pigmented they are! I encourage you all to try out one of their potted eye shadows, you won't regret it! 


Eyeshadows from Left (starting at the top) to Right:
Essence eyeshadow (02 Dance all Night)       Orig. $2.49    SALE $1.29
Essence eyeshadow (04 Beach Goddess)       Orig. $2.49    SALE $1.29

If the amount of eyeliners I purchased was overwhelming to you, you might also be overwhelmed by the amount of lipsticks and glosses I purchased for this haul. The majority of the lipsticks are NYX's Matte Lipsticks or Essence's brand of lipstick. They were all pretty affordable, especially since all NYX products were buy one get one 1/2 off that week. My overall impression on the NYX Matte Lipsticks are that they have a great pigmentation to them, they aren't sticky, and they last for a while (if you aren't constantly eating, drinking, or dare I say....kissing haha.) The NYX Butter Gloss I was a little more disappointed with. It was streaky and wet when first applied, but after smacking your lips together the color gets better and less streaky, and your lips feel soft and buttery. The Essence brand lipsticks are very hydrating and sparkly however, you have to apply more than one coat to truly color your lips. I own 3 of their lipsticks so far, and I am pretty satisfied with them. 


 Left to Right:
NYX Butter Gloss (Eclair) $4.99
NYX Matte Lipstick (MLS20 Audrey) $5.99
Essence Lipstick (12 Sparkling Miracle) $2.99
NYX Matte Lipstick (MLS11 Tea Rose) $5.99
NYX Matte Lipstick (MLS01 Nude) $5.99
Essence Lipstick (67 Miss Peach) $2.99

I am very sorry for rambling on so long about everything I got! With the rambling aside, I hope you all enjoyed seeing the products I purchased and I hope that you might even gather up the courage to go out and purchase them for yourselves to try out! If you do purchase any of these amazing items, please let me know what YOU think of them either through Twitter or in the comment section below. 

Until next time!
-The Sophisticated Shopper

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! This is such an amazing haul <3 I have yet to try those NYX matte lipsticks...

    http://www.brigetteramos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are great lipsticks! I hope you will like them as much as I do! x
      -Kayleigh

      Delete