"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." -Coco Chanel



Friday, July 12, 2013

DIY Jewelry!

Have you ever seen a piece of jewelry in the store that you just couldn't afford? Or even a piece of jewelry that looks like it is something you could make and you don't want to pay the high retail price for it? If you have experienced either of these, you could try making your own jewelry!

Don't know where to start? It's easy! Just go to your local craft store and go to the beading and jewelry department and ask one of the sales associates for advice on what you will need to purchase in order to start making your own jewelry.

I'm not going to explain how to make each of these pieces on this post, but I will tell you where each thing came from and how cute each of them are!

The first necklace is an adorable classy looking necklace with gold details. I purchased a pear chain from Hobby Lobby and the bottom part with the clear and turquoise beads is also from Hobby Lobby. I love this necklace because it is super cute and edgy with a hint of classiness. I absolutely love the turquoise beads! They add just the right amount of color to an outfit.



The second necklace is a mod-chique black and white necklace that I put together from a chain purchased from Hobby Lobby and the bottom floral peice I also purchased from Hobby Lobby. I love this necklace because it is three dimentional and the black and white flowers are perfect for a pop of a nutral color for any outfit.



This last necklace is smaller and more simple, but the geometrical shapes in three different colors is sure to give any outfit a fun flare of color and shape. I purchased the chain from Hobby Lobby (yes all of the chains and main pieces are pre-made) and the center piece from Michael's. I absolutely love this necklace because of its fun and funky style!



All three of these pieces cost me a total of $13. These necklaces would have cost me over $30 to purchase pre-made from any retail store.

I am so happy that I have shared my DIY jewelry secrets with you! I hope you all enjoyed! 
-FashionistaForever<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment