"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." -Coco Chanel



Sunday, August 18, 2013

Style a Song

This week was the week for major releases from top artists on iTunes. The top two songs this week on iTunes are the two newest releases. In the number one spot is "Roar" by Katy Perry and in the number two spot is my forever favorite, Lady Gaga, with her new single "Applause" from her newest album Art Pop. I decided to celebrate these amazing songs by creating outfits that are either based off of the song itself or the album cover.

I decided that this was just too fun to do just this once so I think I might, if I have time, upload a new outfit each week for the the newest songs and albums. I hope you all enjoy today's looks!


This look was inspired by Lady Gaga's Art Pop album cover. I felt that the water color look to the flowers on the shirt somewhat matched the look of Gaga's album cover for this single. I added the pink and gold studded bangles to give it an artsy pop (yes, that was a shameless plug...) to this adorable shirt. I chose the gold key necklace to make the gold in the bangles pop against the shirt and it has just enough sparkle to make this outfit cute and trendy. And what is Lady Gaga without a little bling?



This trendy look was inspired by the new Katy Perry single, "Roar." I absolutely LOVE this song! The first time I listened to the song I was hooked! I immediately purchased it without thinking about it twice! The album to Katy's single has a variety of tones of pink purple and grey and I figured that I should include the details of her album cover to the outfit. I chose this grey rustic stone necklace and the matching earrings to add a little edginess to the shirt. After all, the album is the definition of funky and edgy.

Have you ever been obsessed with a song so much that you wish you could have that song be a track in your life soundtrack? Well, you can do just this by incorporating the style of the artist, album cover, or even the song to any outfit you have in your wardrobe. Try it out and see just how fun it is to style a song! Also, don't be afraid to check out the songs "Roar" by Katy Perry and "Applause" by Lady Gaga! Smooches! -FashionistaForever<3

No comments:

Post a Comment